Sunday, July 14, 2013

My Cardboard Mistress - Thanks for the Trade

I recently saw a post by Spankee at My Cardboard Mistress that contained a 2006 Fleer Ulta Jimmy Rollins that caught my eye.  I inquired if it was available and offered a handful of 2012 Topps Football that Spankee had on his want list.

It turns out that the card was already spoken for, but Spankee offered to send some of my 2012 A&G needs in exchange.  Well, he really outdid himself knocked seventy-five (75) cards off my list (including 25 minis).  Thanks for the lopsided trade - I will keep my eyes out for something you collect and return the favor.

We've all seen 2012 A&G ad nauseum,  so I will limit the scans to the two cards no one ever seems to get tired of featuring....


The Mataya is actually a replacement for my set - she was kind enough to return a TTM in record time...

As I have posted before, trades like this remind me of one of the coolest aspects of the "modern" hobby community - bloggers helping bloggers out with set needs and collecting focuses without reference to "book value" or similar nonsense.  


1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked them and good luck on completing your sets!

    ReplyDelete